Raw Corn and Zucchini Salad
This salad pairs well with steamed fish, sauteed shrimp or scallops.
- 3 ears corn, husks and silks removed
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Cut off tips of ears of corn; stand corn in a wide, shallow bowl. With a sharp knife, slice downward to release kernels (you should have about 2 cups); discard cobs. Transfer kernels to a medium bowl. Add zucchini, lime juice, olive oil, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and toss well to combine.
SourceEveryday Food, June 2010