Pickled Cucumber Salad
This cucumber salad is courtesy of chef Eric Ripert and is used in his Hamachi Tandoori.
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 English cucumber, quartered lengthwise, seeded, and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, thinly sliced
Place vinegar and sugar in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Add oil, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add cucumber; cook 1 to 2 minutes. Strain cucumber mixture through a sieve, discarding liquid. Refrigerate until chilled. Add cilantro, and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, July Summer 2008