Roasted Sea Scallops
- Servings: 4
- 1/2 cup Pistou Pistou
- 1/2 cup homemade or low sodium canned chicken stock
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons Indian rice flakes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 large sea scallops, muscle removed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Bean Fricassee
In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the pistou and stock. Bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to very low, and keep warm.
Spread the rice flakes on a small plate; set aside. Place the flour on a second small plate; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the eggs and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Dip one side of each scallop into the flour, then the egg mixture, and then into the rice flakes to coat; set aside.
In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the scallops, rice flake side down, and cook for 2 minutes. Add the butter, and continue to cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more. Be careful not to burn the rice flakes. Turn, and cook until just opaque, about 2 minutes more.
Divide the fricassee between 4 shallow soup bowls. Place scallops on top. Drizzle pistou sauce around the vegetables; serve immediately.