Green Beans with Ricotta Salata
Ricotta salata is an aged and salted ricotta cheese. Unlike fresh ricotta, it can be sliced or crumbled. Mild feta can be used instead.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound string beans, stem ends trimmed
- 2 ounces ricotta salata cheese, crumbled
- 20 small fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large saucepan of cold water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt and trimmed beans. Cook until beans are just tender, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and immediately plunge beans into an ice-water bath to stop the cooking process. Drain, pat dry, and place in a large bowl along with ricotta salata and basil leaves.
In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, olive oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
Pour vinaigrette over bean mixture, and toss well.