Mediterranean Chicken Packets
Boiled new potatoes or buttered orzo are good partners for this savory chicken dish from reader Joanna Douglass of Jackson, Tennessee. If you don't have Italian seasoning, substitute dried oregano instead.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2009
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (6 to 8 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 artichoke hearts (from a 14-ounce can), quartered
- 12 Kalamata olives, halved and pitted
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (2 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place four 12-inch squares of parchment paper or heavy-duty foil on a work surface. Place a chicken breast on one half of each square, leaving a 2-inch border; season with salt and pepper.
Dividing evenly, top chicken with tomatoes, artichokes, olives, capers, and feta. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and oil. Fold parchment over ingredients, and crimp edges to seal.
Place packets on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until chicken is opaque throughout, 20 to 22 minutes.