Spring-Vegetable Couscous with Chicken
This one-pan dish would also be good with spinach or snap peas added at the end.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2010
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 scallions, white and green parts separated, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 wide strips lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup couscous
- Leg and thigh meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high. Add scallion whites and cook, stirring constantly, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add lemon zest and 1 1/4 cups water and season with salt and pepper. Cover pan and bring liquid to a boil, then add asparagus and peas. Return to a boil and stir in couscous. Add chicken and remove pan from heat; cover and let sit 7 minutes. Add lemon juice and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Fluff couscous with a fork and serve.