Peach and Red-Onion Relish with Grilled Pork Chops
This relish is also delicious when served atop grilled chicken or fish.
- 1/4 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 ripe peaches (4 1/2 ounces each), quartered and very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 bone-in pork chops (10 to 12 ounces each)
In a small bowl of ice water, soak onion for 10 minutes; drain, blot dry, and return to bowl. Add peaches, honey, lemon juice, and cayenne; season with salt and pepper. Let stand 15 minutes. If storing, cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
Heat grill to medium-high; lightly oil grates. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Top with peach relish and serve.
SourceEveryday Food, July/August 2007