Zap It: Chicken with Lemon and Wine over Arugula
There's no need to turn on the stove or oven for this light, lovely meal -- the chicken cooks completely in the microwave.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2007
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 strips lemon zest (each about 1 by 3 inches), thinly sliced crosswise, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (6 to 8 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 bunches arugula (about 3/4 pound total), stems removed
- 8 to 12 radishes, trimmed, cut into wedges
In a 3-quart microwave-safe dish with a lid, combine parsley, wine, zest, and butter. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; add to parsley mixture, and toss. Cover and microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes, until chicken is opaque throughout, turning over once halfway through. Lift chicken from dish; thinly slice lengthwise. Discard pan juices.
In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice and oil; season with salt and pepper. Add arugula and radishes, and toss to combine. Divide salad among four plates; top with chicken. Serve immediately.