Citrus-Soy Glazed Black Cod
This recipe for citrus-soy glazed black cod makes a light and satisfying meal.
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, May Spring 2007
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) center-cut black cod fillets
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Thinly sliced mint leaves, for garnish
- Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
- Coarse salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Season fish with salt and pepper and place in prepared dish.
Meanwhile, add brown sugar, lime juice, vinegar, soy sauce, and pinch of salt to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer until thick and syrupy, 4 to 5 minutes. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of glaze evenly over each cod filet; reserve any remaining glaze.
Transfer baking dish to oven and bake until opaque and just cooked through, about 12 minutes. Garnished with mint and scallions; serve with reserved glaze.