Yuzu-Caper Butter Sauce
This sauce recipe from chef Joe Truex of Atlanta's Repast restaurant is used to make his delicious Repast-Style Crab Cakes.
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 (1-inch) piece lemongrass, crushed
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups (2 sticks plus 4 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons yuzu or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Place wine, vinegar, shallot, lemongrass, and thyme in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until reduced by one-quarter. Remove from heat and strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Return to saucepan and stir in heavy cream.
Remove from heat and slowly whisk in butter until fully incorporated. Stir in yuzu juice and capers; season with salt and pepper.