Under 30 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 4 Portuguese rolls, split
- Yellow mustard, to taste
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 pound Spice-Rubbed Pork Loin with Acorn Squash, thinly sliced (omitting acorn squash)
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- Sliced dill pickles, to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Butter inside of each roll; spread with mustard. Divide ham, pork, and cheese among bottom halves of rolls. Top with pickles, more mustard to taste, and top halves of rolls. Press down firmly on sandwiches.
Heat a grill pan and another heavy pan over medium. With a paper towel, lightly coat grill pan with butter. In batches, place sandwiches on grill pan and weight with second pan. Cook until bread is crisp on the outside, about 3 minutes per side; transfer grill pan to oven and bake sandwiches until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes. To serve, cut sandwiches in half.
SourceEveryday Food, November 2009