Salad with Cranberries and Almonds
The cranberries and spicy almonds give this salad a sweet, spicy kick.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, December 2004
- 1/2 pound (2 large) carrots, peeled and shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 12 ounces mixed greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Sweet and Spicy Almonds or toasted unblanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large bowl, toss carrots, greens, and half the cranberries and almonds. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, and oil.
Drizzle salad with vinaigrette; season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Garnish with remaining cranberries and almonds.