Ham-Wrapped Chicken Fingers With Apricot-Mustard Dipping Sauce
A covering of ham gives our crispy oven-baked chicken fingers a tasty twist; serve with apricot-mustard dipping sauce.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for baking sheet
- 12 chicken tenderloins, tendons removed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 thin slices of Black Forest or other cured ham, halved diagonally
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten with 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a large, rimmed baking sheet, and set aside. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Wrap each piece in 1 ham slice.
Stir together breadcrumbs, melted butter, and cheese in a wide shallow bowl. Put the flour and egg mixture in separate bowls. Dredge chicken pieces in flour, then dip in egg mixture and breadcrumb mixture, pressing to coat completely.
Transfer coated chicken to prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt jam with 1 tablespoon water in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in mustard; cook until just heated through. Cover to keep warm.
Let chicken fingers cool slightly. Serve with dipping sauce.