Ultimate Chocolate Frosting
Add chocolate to everything from cupcakes to brownies with this handy chocolate frosting recipe. Fudgy frosting is the ideal accompaniment to Martha's Ultimate Chocolate Cake. With only five ingredients, this chocolate frosting recipe is so easy you'll want to spread it on every dessert.
- Yield: Makes about 3 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living Television, May 1999
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup Valrhona cocoa powder
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
In a small bowl, sift together the confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder. Add butter, milk, and vanilla; stir until smooth and free of lumps.