Spinach and Prosciutto Lasagna
This weeknight lasagna is fast, thanks to no-boil noodles, frozen spinach, and jarred sauce; chopped prosciutto elevates the dish.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 1/2 cups jarred tomato sauce
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, finely chopped
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella (4 ounces)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make filling: In a medium bowl, stir together spinach, ricotta, garlic, teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside. In another medium bowl, stir together tomato sauce and prosciutto.
In an 8-inch square baking dish, spread cup tomato sauce. Layer 2 noodles, 1/3 filling, and 1/3 remaining tomato sauce; repeat twice. Top with mozzarella. Bake until browned, 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
SourceEveryday Food, October 2008