Under 30 Minutes
Ham-and-Egg Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 thick slice ham (8 ounces), cut into 1/4-by-1-inch strips
- 1 bunch scallions, white and green parts separated and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cups cooked white rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 large eggs
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add ham, scallion whites, garlic, and ginger; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
Add rice, scallion greens, vinegar, and soy sauce. Cook, stirring, until heated through, 2 to 4 minutes. Divide fried rice among four serving bowls.
Wipe out skillet with a paper towel. Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Gently crack eggs into skillet; season with salt, and cook until whites are set, 2 to 4 minutes. Top each bowl of rice with a fried egg.