Serve this tangy dip with an artful array of vegetables.
- Yield: Makes 3 1/2 cups
- 4 medium cucumbers, peeled
- Coarse salt
- 2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt (16 ounces), preferably Greek
- 6 ounces feta cheese, preferably French, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint, plus 1 sprig for garnish
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Napa cabbage leaves, for lining bowl (optional)
- Crudites, for serving
Halve cucumbers, and scoop out seeds using a melon baller or small spoon. Grate cucumbers on the large holes of a box grater. Transfer the grated cucumbers to a colander set over a bowl or in the sink. Stir in 2 teaspoons salt, and let the cucumber mixture stand 15 minutes to drain.
Rinse cucumbers; shake out excess liquid. Wrap in a clean kitchen towel; squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
Stir together cucumbers, yogurt, feta, chopped mint, cream, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. If desired, transfer dip to a bowl lined with cabbage leaves. Garnish dip with mint sprig; serve with crudites.