Serve this tangy dip with an artful array of vegetables known as crudites, such as radishes, whole yellow and sliced red baby carrots, blanched asparagus, and green and yellow squash curls.
- 4 medium cucumbers, peeled
- Coarse salt
- 2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt (16 ounces), preferably Greek
- 6 ounces feta cheese, preferably French, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint, plus 1 sprig for garnish
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Napa cabbage leaves, for lining bowl (optional)
- Crudites, for serving
Halve cucumbers, and scoop out seeds using a melon baller or small spoon. Grate cucumbers on the large holes of a box grater. Transfer the grated cucumbers to a colander set over a bowl or in the sink. Stir in 2 teaspoons salt, and let the cucumber mixture stand 15 minutes to drain.
Rinse cucumbers; shake out excess liquid. Wrap in a clean kitchen towel; squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
Stir together cucumbers, yogurt, feta, chopped mint, cream, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. If desired, transfer dip to a bowl lined with cabbage leaves. Garnish dip with mint sprig; serve with crudites.