Warm from the oven, these brownies are a chewy, gooey treat. When refrigerated, they cut into neat bars and will keep, tightly covered, about a week.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 10
Source: Everyday Food, April 2010
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup strong coffee, room temperature
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped dried cherries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a microwave-safe 8-inch square baking dish, combine chocolates and butter. Microwave on high in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until melted, about 2 minutes. Whisk mixture to combine. Let cool slightly.
Add sugar, eggs, and coffee and whisk gently to combine. Add flour, salt, and almonds and stir to combine. Gently stir in cherries.
Cook just until set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool completely in dish on a wire rack and refrigerate 2 hours before cutting into 10 rectangles.