Marinated Full Moons
- 10 ounces drained bocconcini (bite-size mozzarella balls)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, making sure that at least half of each bocconcini is immersed in marinade.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably 24 hours.
Place bocconcini on a serving plate or bowl, and drizzle with marinade. Season with pepper.
SourceHalloween 2007, 2007