Egg Salad Sandwich
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Homemade Mayonnaise, or prepared mayonnaise, plus more for spreading
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder, or 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons diced celery
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon mild Madras curry powder, (optional)
- 1 8-inch round bread loaf, cut in half crosswise
- Dijon mustard for spreading (optional)
- 1 small head radicchio
- 1 small bunch arugula
In a medium bowl, combine eggs, mayonnaise, mustard powder, celery, salt and pepper to taste, and curry powder, if using. Gently mix until combined.
Spread the inside of the bread halves with a layer of mayonnaise and mustard, if using. Line the bottom half with radicchio and arugula leaves, and top with the egg salad. Cover with the top half, and cut the sandwich into wedges. Serve immediately.