Egg Salad Sandwich
This lightened-up egg salad skips the yolks in favor of heart-healthy avocado and uses very little dressing.
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2010
- 4 hard-cooked egg whites, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and diced medium
- 1/4 small red onion, diced small
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Whole grain bread, for serving
- Arugula, for serving
In a bowl, combine egg whites, avocado, red onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Serve on wholegrain bread with arugula.