Fresh Fruit with Ricotta and Plum Sauce
Summer fruit at its peak needs only a little embellishment to make an elegant dessert.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August/September 1993
- 2 purple plums, quartered and pitted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus more for drizzling
- Mixed summer fruit, such as white peaches, figs, strawberries, red and white cherries, blackberries, and blueberries
- Fresh mint, for garnish
To make plum sauce, place plums in a saucepan with 1/2 cup water, sugar, and cinnamon. Simmer until fruit has broken down and become mostly liquid, about 10 to 15 minutes. Put through a sieve or colander, and discard solids. Adjust sugar to taste. Let cool.
Place ricotta in a bowl, and stir in honey. Drizzle more honey over the surface of cheese.
Wash and cut the fruit into serving-size pieces. Arrange on a platter, and garnish with mint. Serve with the plum sauce and ricotta on the side.