Warm Potato and Frisee Salad
For a burst of color, play around with heirloom potato varieties, such as Russian Banana, Red Gold, and Purple Majesty.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, February 2010
- 8 baby Yukon Gold potatoes (10 ounces), halved
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head frisee, trimmed
- 4 fresh chives, cut into 1-inch pieces (2 tablespoons)
Place potatoes in a medium pot of salted water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are fork tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain. Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar, shallot, and mustard. Pour in oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss warm potatoes with three-quarters of the vinaigrette, and let stand for 30 minutes.
Toss marinated potatoes with frisee and remaining vinaigrette. Sprinkle with chives.