Creamy Racchette Pasta with Asparagus and Peas
This racchette pasta recipe, adapted from the "Everyday Food" cookbook, is a delicious dinner dish.
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound racchette (racket-shaped) pasta
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthwise, and cut crosswise into thirds
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 ounces creamy goat cheese, broken into pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill leaves
In a small skillet over medium heat, toast the pine nuts, stirring often, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, according to the package instructions, add the asparagus during the last 2 1/2 minutes of cooking and the peas during the last 30 seconds of cooking. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water; drain.
Return pasta, asparagus, peas, and reserved pasta water to pot. Toss with goat cheese, lemon zest, dill, and toasted pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper; serve immediately.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, April 2009