Mixed Greens with Creamy Vinaigrette
A different mix of lettuces can be used in this easy salad.
- 16 thin asparagus stalks, cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups red-leaf lettuce, (about 1/3 head), leaves torn
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, (about 1/3 head), leaves torn
- 3 cups frise and chicory, (1 small head), leaves torn
- 1/3 cup oil-cured black olives, pitted and cut in half
- 2 teaspoons raspberry, or red-wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Blanch asparagus for 1 minute. Drain and cool under cold running water.
In a large salad bowl, toss together red leaf, romaine, frise asparagus, and black olives.
In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, salt and pepper, and sour cream. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until completely combined. Pour vinaigrette over the salad, toss to coat, and serve immediately.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, April 1996