Alexis's Egg Salad Sandwich
- 9 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup homemade or best-quality mayonnaise, plus more for spreading
- 1 medium stalk celery, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder, or 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon mild Madras curry powder, (optional)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small head radicchio or 1 small bunch arugula, washed well and spun dry
- 8 to 12 slices whole-grain bread
In a medium bowl, place eggs, mayonnaise, celery, mustard powder, curry powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Gently mix until combined.
Spread one side of each slice of bread with mayonnaise. Line half of the slices with radicchio or arugula leaves. Spread with an even layer of egg salad. Top with remaining bread. Cut in half and serve.
SourceMartha Stewart Living Television, April 2000