Grilled Chicken and Avocado Salad
- Vegetable oil, for grill pan
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3 fresh Poblano peppers, seeded, deribbed, and finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- 3 ripe, firm avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- Lime slices, for serving
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro, for serving
Oil a grill pan and place over high heat until hot. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Working in batches so as not to crowd the pan, place chicken skin-side down on grill pan. Cook 4 minutes. Turn, and cook until just cooked through, about 2 minutes more. As each batch is finished, set aside on a platter. Oil grill pan as necessary. When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into medium dice, and transfer to a large bowl.
Add chickpeas, peppers, onion, and vinaigrette. Toss to combine. Gently fold in avocado. Serve garnished with lime wedges and cilantro.