Poached Salmon with Sauteed Cabbage
A beautifully poached piece of salmon, clean tasting and light and paired with sauteed cabbage, is a terrific summer meal.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2009
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 pounds green cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 4 warm 6-ounce fillets Simple Poached Salmon
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high. Stir in cabbage. Add salt and chicken broth or water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes. Uncover and cook off any excess liquid if needed. Stir in dill. Serve salmon over cabbage with lemon wedges.