Slow-Cooker Chili Chicken Tacos
Hearty meats such as chicken thighs become fall-apart sumptuous after a long, gentle simmer in the slow cooker -- the results are ideal for shredding into tacos or sandwich fillings.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, October 2008
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6)
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup prepared tomato salsa, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 hard corn taco shells
- Cilantro, shredded cheese, lime wedges, and sour cream, for serving (optional)
In slow cooker, combine chicken, garlic, salsa, chiles, chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper. Cover; cook on high, 4 hours (or on low, 8 hours).
Transfer chicken to a serving bowl, and shred, using two forks; moisten with cooking juices. Serve in taco shells, with toppings, if desired.