- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 ounces finely chopped walnuts (1/3 cup)
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine oats, walnuts, flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in honey. Stir into oat mixture.
Spread streusel on a rimmed baking sheet lined with a nonstick baking mat. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet on a wire rack.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, November 2008