Artisanal Blend Fondue
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 ounces Hoch Ybrig cheese, grated
- 4 ounces Emmental cheese, grated
- 4 ounces Beaufort cheese, grated
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Crusty bread, cubed, for serving
- Boiled fingerling potatoes, sausages, beef tips, cornichons, or pickled vegetables, for serving (optional)
Sprinkle fondue pot or a 2-quart saucepan with salt. Vigorously rub the inside of the pot with garlic; and discard. Add the wine and lemon juice, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
In a medium bowl, stir to combine the cheeses and cornstarch. While whisking constantly, add the cheese mixture in four additions. Be sure each addition is completely melted before adding the next addition. Once all of the cheese has been added, cook for 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, and serve immediately with bread, potatoes, beef tips, or pickled vegetables, as desired.