Celebrate summer's bounty with this buttery crisp.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, June 2010
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 3/4 pounds fresh blackberries (5 pints)
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest, plus 1/4 cup orange juice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a food processor, pulse flour, brown sugar, butter, and salt until combined. In a large bowl, toss together blackberries, tapioca, granulated sugar, and orange zest and juice. Pour blackberry mixture into a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with flour mixture. Bake until topping is golden and juices are bubbling, 50 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.