This wonderful recipe for pickled shrimp can be found in "Frank Stitt's Southern Table" cookbook, which is filled with delicious dishes.
- 3 pounds Boiled Shrimp
- 2 medium onions, quartered and very thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 14 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 dried hot chile peppers
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss thoroughly. Pack everything into a large glass jar, cover, and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to come together. Serve with toothpicks.