This margarita recipe from chef Rick Bayless includes cucumber, which gives it a cool, melon-like flavor.
- Yield: Makes 9 cocktails
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, Episode 5132
- 1 large English cucumber or 2 standard 6-inch-long cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced (3 cups), plus more slices for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups 100 percent agave silver tequila
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup Lime Simple Syrup for Summer Margaritas
- 1 lime wedge
- Coarse salt
- 6 to 7 cups small ice cubes
Place cucumber, tequila, lime juice, and simple syrup in the jar of a blender; blend until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a pitcher. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
Moisten the rims of three 6-ounce martini glasses with lime wedge. Place salt in a shallow dish. Dip rims of glasses in salt to coat.
Fill a cocktail shaker 3/4 full with ice. Add 1 1/2 cups cucumber mixture. Cover and shake 10 to 15 seconds. Strain until prepared glasses. Garnish with cucumber slices. Repeat process with remaining ice and cucumber mixture.