Greens with Fried Oysters and Buttermilk Dressing
This delicious oyster recipe is courtesy of chef Emeril Lagasse.
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, May Spring 2008
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons Pernod
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan, cheese plus more for serving
- 6 to 8 cups assorted greens, such as arugula, frisee, radicchio, watercress, or mustard
- 24 Fried Oysters
Place egg, Pernod, if using, garlic, mustard, and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper. With the motor running, slowly add oil and process until an emulsion is formed. Add buttermilk, green onions, and 1/2 cup cheese; pulse to combine. Keep refrigerated until ready to use, up to 1 day.
Place greens in a large bowl; sprinkle with cheese and season with salt and pepper. Add enough dressing to just coat; toss to combine. Divide greens evenly between 4 plates; top with fried oysters. Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with more dressing, if desired. Serve immediately.