This recipe for oysters casino is from "The Hog Island Oyster Cookbook" by Jairemarie Pomo.
- Servings: 8
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, October Fall 2007
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Large pinch of cayenne pepper
- Rock salt
- 2 dozen small (3 to 4 inches long) Pacific oysters on the half shell
- Minced fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small skillet, cook bacon until almost crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
Place the butter, shallots, bell pepper, celery, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne pepper in a food processor; mix until well combined, about 20 seconds.
Spread 1/4 inch rock salt on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
Place oysters firmly in the hot rock salt. Place 1 tablespoon of the butter mixture on each oyster; top each with bacon. Bake oysters until bubbly, about 12 minutes. Do not overcook. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.