- 2 cups dried quinoa
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/3 cup currants
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Rinse quinoa under cold water, until water runs clear. Transfer to a saucepan; add salt and 2 1/4 cups water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook until water is completely absorbed, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine currants and 1/2 cup water. Let stand for 15 minutes. Drain well; set aside.
When quinoa is cooked, transfer to a medium bowl. Add oil, vinegar, and orange juice. Toss to combine. Refrigerate until cold, about 45 minutes.
Stir in onion, parsley, and reserved currants. Season with pepper. Serve cold, or at room temperature.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, June 2004