Under 30 Minutes
Lamb Pita Pizzas
Consider the grocery store your sous-chef: Pitas make a faster crust than pizza dough, canned artichokes taste great, and ready-made hummus can't be beat.
- 4 regular-size (6-inch) pitas, split
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 containers (8 ounces each) store-bought hummus (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 red bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), thinly sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts in water, rinsed, squeezed dry, and quartered
- 1/2 pound ground lamb or beef
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Lemon wedges
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange pita halves, cut side up, on two baking sheets; brush with oil.
Spread pitas with hummus; top with peppers, artichoke hearts, and lamb. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake until pitas are golden and crisp and lamb is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley; serve with lemon wedges.