Maple Bundt Cake
This cake can be baked the day before, covered loosely with foil, and kept at room temperature. Make the whipped cream topping just before serving.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup packaged dark-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10-inch Bundt pan. Dust with flour, and tap out excess. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Beat butter and sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at time, beating well after each addition. Beat in 1/2 cup maple syrup and the vanilla. Add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the sour cream, beating until just combined after each addition. Scrape batter into prepared pan.
Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto rack to cool completely.
Just before serving, beat cream with a mixer or a whisk until soft peaks form. Add 2 tablespoons maple syrup, and beat until soft peaks return. Spoon whipped cream over cake, and drizzle with maple syrup. Serve immediately.