Snap Beans with Bacon and Almonds
Bacon and toasted almonds add irresistible flavor and texture to snap beans. Regular green beans, wax beans, wide Romano beans, or thin string beans all cook in roughly the same amount of time.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2010
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped natural almonds
- 1 pound frozen snap beans, such as Romano, thawed and halved (if desired)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add bacon and almonds and cook until bacon is crisp and almonds are toasted, about 5 minutes. Transfer bacon and almonds to a small bowl and drain all but 2 teaspoons fat from skillet. Add beans and 1/2 cup water to skillet. Season with salt and pepper, cover, and cook until beans are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer beans to a platter and top with bacon and almonds. Serve warm.