Striped Bass with Herbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chervil
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless wild striped bass fillets, about 1-inch-thick
- Green salad, for serving
In a small bowl, combine the parsley, chives, chervil, half of the lemon juice, zest, and the oil; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
In a large skillet, combine water, wine, remaining lemon juice, the shallot, and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
Season fish with salt and pepper. Add to simmering liquid, cover, and cook until opaque, about 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon or spatula to remove fish from pan and place on serving plates. Discard poaching liquid. Spoon herb mixture over fish. Serve immediately with salad.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, September 2002