Striped Bass with Herbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chervil
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless wild striped bass fillets, about 1-inch-thick
- Green salad, for serving
In a small bowl, combine the parsley, chives, chervil, half of the lemon juice, zest, and the oil; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
In a large skillet, combine water, wine, remaining lemon juice, the shallot, and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
Season fish with salt and pepper. Add to simmering liquid, cover, and cook until opaque, about 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon or spatula to remove fish from pan and place on serving plates. Discard poaching liquid. Spoon herb mixture over fish. Serve immediately with salad.