Tarragon Tartar Sauce
Tartar sauce made at home stands far apart from the jarred kind. This herbed version is perfect for dunking fried shrimp -- and more.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons drained capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Stir together mayonnaise, relish, lemon juice, capers, tarragon, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container, up to 1 week.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, June 2005