Apple-Pie Spiced Cider
Season your cider with the same spices you would use in a pie -- cinnamon, allspice, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg -- then heat it up.
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2003
- 1 1/4 quarts apple cider
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 7 whole cinnamon sticks, (6 sticks for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Ground cloves
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Calvados, or other brandy (optional)
In a medium saucepan, whisk together cider, sugar, spices, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Remove from heat; pour in brandy, if desired. Strain into a pitcher; discard solids. Serve in mugs, garnished with cinnamon sticks.