Mango Salsa With Chile Oil
The sweet chunks of mango and pineapple are set off by the spicy chile oil.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2003
- 1 mango, pitted
- 1/4 pineapple, cored
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Chili Oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Peel and chop mango and pineapple into 1/4-inch pieces; place in a bowl.
Add bell pepper, garlic, serrano chile, lime juice, chile oil, scallions, and cumin.
Season with salt; squeeze mango pit over salsa. Toss to combine.