Mustard, Maple, and Walnut Sauce with Grilled Chicken
This is a tangy, sweet sauce to pour over your chicken after it's done.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2007
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Coarse salt and ground pepper (for sauce and chicken)
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves (10 to 12 ounces each)
In a small bowl, mix together mustard, walnuts, maple syrup, vinegar, and thyme; season with salt and pepper.
For the chicken, heat the grill to medium and lightly oil grates. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place, skin side down, on grill. Cover and grill, turning once, until cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. If desired, remove skin and bones, and slice before serving.