Pimento Cheese and Crackers
Set out this classic Southern cheese spread as an easy starter for any meal. This recipe was also featured on "Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn."
- Yield: Makes 3 cups
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, October 2009
- 12 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 jars (2 ounces each) pimentos, drained
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Crackers, for serving
Process cream cheese, cheddar, pimentos, and Tabasco in a food processor until coarsely pureed. Transfer to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with crackers.