Pimento Cheese and Crackers
Set out this classic Southern cheese spread as an easy starter for any meal.
- 12 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 jars (2 ounces each) pimentos, drained
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Crackers, for serving
This pimento cheese recipe, adapted from the August 2008 issue of Martha Stewart Living, is used to make Monster Fingers and Pimento Cheese Paws, a dish that was displayed as part of a special Monster Buffet during Martha's Halloween Monster Bash with Jimmy Fallon. The recipe is exactly the same except that it doesn't include crackers, for serving.
Process cream cheese, cheddar, pimentos, and Tabasco in a food processor until coarsely pureed. Transfer to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with crackers.