Warm Potato Salad with Goat Cheese
Tart goat cheese gradually melts onto warm vinaigrette-covered potatoes to create a creamy coating.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2010
- 2 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed well and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces crumbled goat cheese (1/2 cup)
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Cover potatoes with water in a medium saucepan; season with salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon cooking
liquid. Let potatoes cool for 5 minutes.
Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and reserved cooking liquid. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until emulsified.
Transfer potatoes to a bowl, and drizzle with vinaigrette. Gently stir in goat cheese, celery, shallot, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.