Three-Bean Salad with Vinaigrette
If standard three-bean salad leaves you cold, try ours with its distinctive mustardy dressing.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2007
- 8 ounces green beans, stem ends removed, halved on the diagonal
- 4 ounces yellow wax beans, stem ends removed, halved on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
Fill a large bowl with ice water; set aside. Set a steamer basket in a large pot with a lid. Fill with enough water to come just below basket; bring to a boil.
Place green and wax beans in basket; reduce heat to a simmer. Cover pot, and steam until beans are crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes. With tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer beans to ice water. Drain, and pat dry.
In a medium bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Add green, wax, and cannellini beans; toss to coat. If storing, cover and refrigerate up to 1 day; bring to room temperature before serving.