Under 30 Minutes
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts With Raisins
Brussels sprouts are members of the cabbage family. They are in season from late August through March.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces brussels sprouts (about 25), stems trimmed, and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup low-sodium canned chicken broth
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add brussels sprouts and carrots; saute until sprouts start to turn golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add raisins and chicken broth; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are tender when pierced with a paring knife, about 12 minutes. If the skillet becomes too dry before sprouts are tender, add up to 3 tablespoons water, and continue cooking. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
SourceAnnual Recipes 2003